Copyright & licenses

Creative Commons License
This work is under a Creative Commons license. All right reserved world wide.To copy, distribute, use this work for commercial purposes or transmit it without my permission is illegal and a criminal offence persecutable by law.

13.6.10

White Patchouli. Tom Ford.


Perfumer:Givaudan.
Notes of peony, bergamot, coriander, jasmine, lily of the valley, rose, ambrette seed, amber, sandalwood and incense.

First, I’ll confess, I’m always totally intrigued regarding Ford's creations.
I loved big time "Black Orchid" and I do love "White Patchouli". It amuses me how those fragrances that are without the shadow of the doubt designed for a sensual, modern and sophisticated woman , in fact, go much better in a man skin.
Retro-Metrosexual is how I would describe this perfume.

When I find out that Tom Ford could now be found in Sephora I went down the shop to try this one.
The company describes it as a "floral-infused wood fragrance"

It starts as loud as "Black Orchid".
Surprisly is not as floral as you could expect.
It definitively smells masculine, developing with a spicy, warm, woddy aura.

I detect rapidly the patchouli surrounded by a spicy coriander.
The white flowers (mostly lily of the valley and jasmine to my nose) arrive in the background and they show themselves in the same way as in "Kenzo Power": Both flowers have a distinctive spicy-ambery-woody character but going futher, trying to explain it, is like a soft floral undertone that is literally scratched and splashed with spices, amber and woods. The result certainly smells slightly synthetic but gives an interesting twist to the whole formula.

And the perfume stays like this for ages not being as powerful as "Black Orchid" but being enough noticiable with a gorgeous trail and become rather linear but extremely addictive as you can't help to sniff yourself over and over again.

There's a subtle change in the background as the floral notes dissipate slowly ending just like a soft whisper while the woody notes increase.

"White Patchoui" is excellent. It literally smells like white patchouli.
It smells chic, elegant, clean and sophisticated.
It is definitively more masculine than femenine and for those who found the "Orchid" too much gourmand, they probably would love this one.
Not being as loud as "Black Orchid" it has a beutiful long lasting and sillage still.
I am very impressed and find it pretty unique.
For me it is a heartbreaker.
Copyright © 2010. All rights reserved.

No comments: