Copyright & licenses

Creative Commons License
This work is under a Creative Commons license. All right reserved world wide.To copy, distribute, use this work for commercial purposes or transmit it without my permission is illegal and a criminal offence persecutable by law.

21.4.11

Havana. Aramis


The original 90's Havana had notes of coriander, anise, birch tar, juniper berry, tangerine, grapefruit, orange, rum, cumin, Jamaican pimento, black pepper, jasmine, hyacinth, sandalwood, tobacco, patchouli, incense, cedarwood, myrhh, labdanum, oilbanum, tonka bean and vanilla.

The new Havana countains artemisia, caraway, mandarin, orange, birch tar, basil, rum, juniper, carnation, fir, jasmine, cinnamon, tobacco, sandalwood, patchouli, incense, labdanum, oakmoss and vetiver.


Havana was created in 1994 and it has been one of my favorite 90's scents.
Then, it was discontinnued in the 2000's.
Now, it has been re-formulated and even this new version differs from the original lacking some of the original strong notes, I don't really care, I still love this new version.

"Havana" starts with a blast of coriander accompained with some indistinctive spices mixed with the tar note that creates a deep, intense accent.
Then the juniper, the leather and tobacco reign above all. I can detect some rum and some spices sharing the stage with a dark jasmine.

The heart of the fragrance is a leathery-animalistic-tobacco like combination. The incense and the patchouli are the key notes that combine beautifully in the drydown.

The re-formulated "Havana" is the perfect classic chypre for winters and evenings. Some people may think it smells a little bit overrated but oh well, classics have always been the best (for me).
"Havana" has a great longevity and sillage that can be overwhelming if over-applied, so be careful when you apply!
Copyright © 2011. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Paul Cram said...

I couldn't agree more. This scent has been updated, and I still love it. When I wear it, I imagine myself walking a street in Havana, wearing a white suit, it's dusk, there are many people in the streets, wonderful scents and sounds. *Sigh* It's a great scent and I am glad it's been relaunched. Thanks for reviewing it. I am going to read more of your blog and see what else you've come across and enjoy.