With the new season, new fragrances up to come. It looks like the main trend this fall will be woods, woods and more woods. Where the flowers trend went?.
* Bvlgari will launch "Bvlgari Man" in September:
Perfumer: Alberto Morillas.
Notes of bergamot, lotus blossom, pear, violet leaves, white wood, benzoin, honey, cypriol, vetiver and ambrox.
By creating an absolutely innovative olfactory experience, precious and vibrant, the perfume is a white woody oriental fragrance that interprets a new ideal of masculinity. The intense woody accord, a traditional element in men’s perfumery, is now illuminated by radiant subtleties that capture the essence of natural purity.
According to the source, the vetiver was manipulated to remove the dark, woody, earthy part to leave the lightest and white, woody part.
It seems that It would be a classy fragrance, but it worths a sniff...
* Issey Miyake will launch "L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Noir Absolu", a new concentreé limited edition to the original fragrance.
Includes mandarin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cashmere wood and amber.
I hope that it will smell rather different than the original.
I am getting tired to have "apparently" different versions of the "classic" that after all, smell exactly the same, as it happens with "L'eau D'issey Woody" for instance.
* Kenzo also presents a new version of his gorgeous 1991′s "Kenzo Pour Homme" (now known as Kenzo Homme or KenzoHomme), but this time the only resembLAnces are the name and the bottle, as the juice seems to be totally different than the original.
Being signed by Olivier Polge may me wonder that it will be just as fantastily well done as "Power". Finger crossed!
It countains mint, basil, black pepper, rosemary, Atlas cedar and Haitian vetiver.
"Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisée / Woody" will be a woody aromatic fragrance, something that doen't ring my bell, but knowing Kenzo I expect something naturally beautiful.
I must add to this, dear readers, that I found in my last visit to the perfume counters at the airport as i was coming back from my holidays, two new perfumes from the japanese designer. Both men and women has the same name: "Kenzo".
The packaging is quite appealing with a colourful ethnic designs, but unfortunately, they didn´t have bottles to sample /see its design.
I wonder around Madrid's perfume shops, I asked kenzo's representative at "Corte Inglés" and no one knew what I was talking about, so I suppose they are airport-exclusive fragrances.
If anyone have more information, please share with us!
* Marc Jacobs will launch "Bang", a new fragrance for men.
Perfumer: Yann Vasnier.
It features black, pink and white peppercorns, primal masculine woods, elemi, benzoin, vetiver, white moss and patchouli.
I do like Marc Jacobs and I can't wait to smaple this one, although I always found his fragrances rather too light to my personal taste.
- It is modern and abstract, of a deceiving purity. Though, I wish it was 5 times more concentrate and tenacious!
It belongs to that particular type of perfumes that make a perfect blend with the the skin; you do not fell "perfumed" and it slowly evaporates from your pores. It is not aggressive but tender.-
* Paul Smith will bring to us "Paul Smith Man 2" that it will be a totally different fragrance to the original "Man"
Notes of grapefruit, mandarin, nutmeg, cardamom and cinnamon, lavender, cashmere wood, cedar, sandalwood and white musk.
* Loewe will launch "7 de Loewe".
Notes feature neroli, muguet, rose, pepper, incense, Atlas cedar, musk, red apple and cedar.
I have to say that this one sounds just superb!
Loewe owns with "Jesús del Pozo" the crown being both, the best Spanish mainstream fragance falnkers so far.
...So I cannot wait...
* And finally, our "terrible enfants", French avant-garde Etat Libre d’Orange with their "Archives 69, Part 1". No information at the moment, so hopefully it will be a nice surprise.